The City of Lights will become the City of Lights & Sirens when the popular annual Chicagoland Emergency Vehicle Lights & Sirens Procession rolls into Aurora this weekend.
On Friday, August 2, the Chicagoland Emergency Vehicle Lights & Sirens Procession will travel from North Aurora through parts of Aurora’s west side and end in downtown Aurora with a staging area at the Aurora Transportation Center, 415 N. Broadway Ave.
The procession will begin at 6:30 p.m. in North Aurora, enter Aurora on Randall Road and arrive on the intersection of Randall Road and Sullivan Road at approximately 6:50 p.m.
The procession will then continue into Aurora via the following route:
- South on Randall Road to Downer Place
- Left on Downer Place to LeGrande Boulevard
- Right on LeGrande Boulevard to Prairie Street
- Left on Prairie Street to Lake Street
- Left on Lake Street to Illinois Avenue
- Right on Illinois Avenue to Broadway Avenue (IL Route 25)
- Right on Broadway Avenue to the Aurora Transportation Center
The procession will arrive at the Aurora Transportation Center at approximately 7:15 p.m. and vehicles – ranging from antique to new models - will be staged for free public viewing until 9 p.m.
During the procession, traffic along the route will be monitored by law enforcement with immediate intersections being briefly closed on a rolling schedule with the procession.