Oswego-based Fox Metro Water Reclamation District has released its "Giving Water a Second Chance: 2018 Popular Annual Financial Report."
Tom Muth, Fox Metro District manager, reviewed the report Monday for Aurora Noon Lions Club members at Luigi's Pizza in Aurora. Muth, an Aurora Noon Lion, said the report is intended to be a brief but meaningful summary of the services that Oswego-based Fox Metro provides for 300,000 residents and businesses from Batavia to Yorkville.
According to Muth, report information is presented in a less technical format for ease of reading by the public. Color photos illustrate the publication. An in-depth financial review is presented in the district's Compehensive Annual Financial Report available from the agency's accounting department.
Report chapters are "About Us," "District Achievements," "Statistical Snapshot," "Revenue," "Expenditures," "Capital Assets," "Debt Status" and "Recent Successes."
Fox Metro serves Aurora, North Aurora, Montgomery, Oswego, Sugar Grove and parts of Batavia and Yorkville. The district's service area encompasses 130 square miles over portions of four counties.
Recent awards cited in the report are:
- National Association of Clean Water Agencies' Gold Award for 2015-2018
- Operated water treatment plant and collection accident-free in 2017
- 2018 operator of the year award from Fox Valley Operators Association
- Commonwealth Edison energy efficiency grant of $475,000 in 2018
- 2018 Golden Manhole award from Illinois Water Environment Association