Is your scout group looking for an educational field trip and want to learn how local government works? Consider taking a tour of Village Hall in Montgomery! A Village staff member will take groups on an educational tour where scouts will learn about how local government works.
The Village has several opportunities available for scout groups to fulfill requirements to earn badges*. Staff can tailor the experience to meet requirements for several different badges. Some typical activities to satisfy requirements for Citizenship in the Community for Boy Scouts, or earn activity badges for Cub Scouts or Girl Scouts are:
- Meet with the Village staff to learn about local government and tour the Village Hall;
- Engage in a mock Board Meeting to discuss a current issue and learn how decisions are made;
- Present the colors and lead the Pledge of Allegiance at a Board Meeting;
- Visit Settlers Cottage to enjoy a short tour and discussion of Montgomery’s history, then complete a quiz based on displays in the museum.
Want to learn more or schedule a tour? Visit MontgomeryIL.org and fill-out the online request form.
* Note that badges are not provided by the Village.