State Sen. Jim Oberweis (R-Sugar Grove) will host two free community events to help constituents learn more about preventing ID theft and consumer fraud, and about better understanding the federal Medicare program.
On Oct. 7, Oberweis will host an ID Theft and Consumer Fraud Prevention Program from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the St. Charles Public Library, Carnegie Community Room, Mezzanine Level, 1 S. 6th Ave. in St. Charles.
The Program’s topics will include:
- How you can protect yourself, your friends and family from scam artists and fraudulent businesses.
- How to avoid identity theft.
- How to check your credit report.
- Your rights under the new credit card rules.
- How to file a consumer fraud complaint.
On Oct. 15, Oberweis will host a Medicare Informational Seminar from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Oswego Public Library, Oswego Campus, 32 W. Jefferson St. in Oswego.
Facilitated by the Illinois Department on Aging, the Medicare seminars include information about who is eligible, coverage details, and how to get help with out-of-pocket expenses.
For more information, call Oberweis’ office at 630-800-1992.