Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Health Region Two which includes Kendall, Grundy, and LaSalle Counties is seeing a drop in test positivity. Earlier this month, the region saw a peak test positivity rate of 7.7 percent. The current rate is 6.5 percent. The Illinois Department of Public Health wants regions to stay below eight percent.
Neighboring Region Seven, which is made up of Will and Kankakee counties, is also seeing a drop in test positivity. It's current rate is 7.5 percent. The rate had surpassed eight percent and restrictions on indoor dining were imposed a few weeks ago. The test positivity rate needs to drop below 6.5 percent for restrictions to be lifted.
Locally, Kendall County is seeing a rate of six percent with 69 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people. The county has had 1,867 cases.
The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 1,373 new cases Monday and five deaths. The statewide test positivity rate is at 3.6 percent.
- Area Police Reports for Thursday, September 17
- Lead Water Line Removal Complete in Montgomery
- Naperville Man and 'Cheer' Star Arrested for Producing Child Pornography
- No New COVID-19 Cases at Kane County Jail
- Remote Learning Avatar Sparks Debate
- Kendall County COVID-19 Cases up to 1,894
- Morris State Senator Wants Meaningful Ethics Reform
- Family of Missing Somonuak Man Offering 5,000 Reward for Information on His Whereabouts
- Illinois State Trooper Seriously Injured in Crash While Helping Motorist
- Area Police Reports for Wednesday, September 26 2020