Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
The DeKalb County Health Department is reporting the death of an infant who had tested positive for COVID-19. The infant was under the age of one. The identity of the child is not being disclosed as is standard for COVID-19 deaths. The death follows another death of a person only in their thirties reported on Thursday. There have been 38 deaths in the county
While the majority of cases in DeKalb County are people under fifty, the majority of deaths are older adults. 25 of the 38 deaths in the county were at long term care facilities.
There were sixteen new cases reported across the county on Friday for a total of 1,463. 1,037 cases have fully recovered. 388 are in recovery.
- Vice Chairman of Grundy County Board Passes Away, Will Remain on November Ballot
- Divided Oswego Village Board Discusses New Tax Levy
- Annual Oswego 308 Food Drive Under Way
- Two More Regions To Go Under COVID-19 Restrictions
- Kendall County Judge Tests Positive for COVID-19; Three Other Judges Exposed
- Kendall County Signature Panels Have Looked at 8,785 Vote-by-Mail Ballots; 20,287 Ballots Mailed Out
- Area Police Reports for Tuesday, October 20, 2020
- Longtime Sugar Grove President Seeking Reelection
- Suspect Sought in Elgin Hit-and-Run Crash
- Governor Says Illinois is Heading the Wrong Way with COVID-19 Pandemic