Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Dixon Republican Tom Demmer is seeking to keep his seat in the Illinois House this November. The 90th House District covers portions of DeKalb, LaSalle, Lee, and Ogle counties. Demmer has had to work in a Democratic controlled House.
Demmer says the legislature has had the wrong focus when it comes to solving Illinois' financial woes. He says raising taxes shouldn't be the first impulse without dropping spending. The governor's office had proposed that state agencies make cuts, but Demmer said there wasn't enough follow through.
Demmer would also like to see some changes in how COVID-19 mitigations are handled. Much of his district is currently under stricter COVID-19 restrictions that includes the closing of indoor dining.
Demmer currently sits on a six member committee investigating an alleged bribery scheme between House Speaker Mike Madigan and utility giant ComEd. Demmer has pushed for ethical reform in state government including a rule that wouldn't allow sitting House members to be paid lobbyists.
Demmer is running against Democratic challenger Seth Wiggins.
- Area Police Reports for Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Annual Sheridan Fall Festival Saturday
- Sheridan Man Killed on Route 71 in Accident Involving Deer
- Two New Businesses Coming to Oswego
- Naperville Man Charged with Attempted Child Abduction
- Trees Cut Near Bridge Explained
- Sandwich Mayor Rich Robinson Makes Last Call As DeKalb Co. Sheriff's Deputy
- Kendall County On COVID-19 Warning List
- Area Police Reports for Friday, October 23, 2020
- Montgomery Village Board Enters Agreement for Construction of Second Sugar Dome