Link represented the 30th Illinois Senate District from 1997 until just last week when he resigned after being charged with tax evasion. He is said to have cooperated in federal investigations into other high-ranking Democrats in the Illinois Senate.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Former Democratic Illinois State Senator Terry Link, of Vernon Hills, has pleaded guilty to what the U.S. Attorney's Office of Northern Illinois describes as under reporting his income for several years. Link is said to have spent campaign cash on personal expenses with reporting it as income.
In his plea agreement Wednesday, Link will pay back money that should have been paid over a four year time period of over $71,000 to the IRS and just shy of $12,000 to Illinois. Link could be sentenced to up to three years in prison for tax evasion.
- Area Police Reports for Friday, September 18, 2020
- DeKalb County Infant Dies of COVID-19
- DeKalb and Grundy Counties off COVID-19 Warning List
- Sandwich Man Accused of Patronizing a Minor Engaged in Prostitution
- Montgomery Ghost Walk Going Virtual
- Indoor Dining to Reopen in Will and Kankakee Counties
- Country Hills Drive at Route 71 in Yorkville Closing Monday
- Mask Resolution Passed by Kendall County Board, Does Not Apply to New Courthouse
- 38 Speeding Tickets Issued During Special Patrols on Route 126
- Racist Graffiti Found on NIU Campus