Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Illinois State Police District Five in Lockport says a state police trooper was seriously injured in a crash that happened while the trooper was helping at the scene of an earlier multi-vehicle accident on I-55 south of Route 30 Wednesday.
Preliminary reports say that the trooper's SUV was parked with its emergency lights on when a northbound vehicle hit it causing another multi-vehicle crash.
The trooper was airlifted to an area hospital with serious injuries.
Two other drivers were also taken to hospitals with non life-threatening injuries. The crashes closed the northbound I-55 lanes for about three hours.
- Temporary Kendall County Courthouse Changes in Effect
- COVID-19 Case Confirmed at Grande Reserve Elementary School
- Auction Garners Area History for Bidders
- Preventative Measure Hopes to Prevent Sinkhole in Plano
- Police Looking for Suspects Driving Off-Road Vehicles near Boulder Hill
- One Person Killed, Seventeen Injured in Hayrack Ride Crash Sunday
- Compliance Check Finds Six Violent or Sex Offenders in Kendall County Potentially Out of Compliance
- Millbrook Jr. High Beginning Remote Learning Monday
- Area Police Reports for Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Annual Sheridan Fall Festival Saturday