Bristol-Kendall and Oswego Fire crews were called to a reported fire at Suzy's Bar and Grill in the 4000 block of Tuma Rd. in Yorkville on Monday afternoon.
Bristol-Kendall Fire Chief Jim Bateman tells WSPY that crews responded around 1:08 p.m. to find the fire near an electrical panel that started in an electrical meter.
Chief Bateman says the fire was largely contained to the area near the panel and a deck.
He says there was some fire extension to an outside wall and smoke damage was sustained inside the restaurant.
As of Monday afternoon, the restaurant was closed. The Kendall County Health Department was called to the scene. Commonwealth Edison and Nicor were also called.
There were no injuries and fire crews cleared the scene Monday afternoon.
There is about $15,000 in total loss.
Information provided in this report has been obtained from area authorities, including but not limited to local police, fire and emergency dispatch officials. Information is sourced only from official sources of public information unless otherwise stated. Subjects listed who have been charged or cited for crimes have not been proven guilty in court and all acts are alleged.