Bristol-Kendall Fire NEW 2018

(WSPY file photo)

$125,000 in damage is estimated to a home after an unknown issue with a dryer sparked a fire in Yorkville on Wednesday. 

Bristol-Kendall Fire officials say that fire crews responded to the 300 block of Bertram Dr. around 1:36 p.m. to find the fire in a second-floor laundry room at a residence. 

Officials say fire crews extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes.

Officials also say that two people in the home were transported to an area hospital as a precaution, following the fire. 

The home is currently deemed uninhabitable.

Sandwich and Oswego Fire were both called to assist and officials say a couple of other departments were called for change of quarters assistance, however, the fire was under control in short amount of time. 

Information provided in this report has been obtained from area authorities, including but not limited to local police, fire and emergency dispatch officials. Information is sourced only from official sources of public information unless otherwise stated. Subjects listed who have been charged or cited for crimes have not been proven guilty in court and all acts are alleged.