Oswego Fire Truck

(Oswego Fire Protection District photo)

A restaurant at the border of Oswego and Montgomery suffered extensive damage in a fire on Thursday afternoon.

Oswego Fire Protection District officials say fire units were dispatched around 4:25 p.m. to the McDonalds in the 300 block of Douglas Rd. for a fire alarm and upon arrival, crews found fire coming from the roof of the structure.

An alarm upgrade was made and companies found a grease fire in the fryer. Sprinklers activated inside of the business, however, fire officials also say that the fire was hot enough to activate a sprinkler head in the attic and the fire ignited some insulation around the exhaust pipe for the hood system.

No injuries were reported to firefighters, employees or customers.

The building is currently closed and officials say it's unknown how long it will need to remain closed, due to the damage.

Oswego Fire was assisted by Oswego Building and Zoning, the Kendall County Health Department, ComEd and Nicor.

Information provided in this report has been obtained from area authorities, including but not limited to local police, fire and emergency dispatch officials. Information is sourced only from official sources of public information unless otherwise stated. Subjects listed who have been charged or cited for crimes have not been proven guilty in court and all acts are alleged.