Oswego High School New

(Oswego SD308 photo)

A small fire broke out at Oswego High School on Thursday and it was quickly contained.

According to a message sent to parents from OHS Asst. Principal Bill Nunamaker, the school was evacuated on Thursday morning for a fire alarm where it was discovered that a filter in a welding room ventilation unit caught fire.

Nunamaker says firefighters contained the fire to the space and it was quickly extinguished. As of Thursday, remaining smoke and smell from the fire was being cleared.

No injuries or any sort of major damage was reported.

Asst. Principal Nunamaker said in the message that the area where the fire occurred is not in use at this time. Anyone with questions or concerns can contact the OHS main office.