Emergency Lights Generic.jpg

Yorkville Police officials say a worker was shocked in a reported electrocution incident at the construction of a new restaurant in Yorkville, late Thursday morning.

Yorkville Deputy Police Chief Behr Pfizenmaier tells WSPY that police and Bristol-Kendall Fire EMS responded to the Arby's construction site in the 1500 block of N. Bridge St. around 11:32 a.m. for the report of a subject being electrocuted.

Deputy Chief Pfizenmaier says it was determined that the subject injured was working on an electrical panel when they were "shocked."

The subject was conscious when they were transported to a hospital for treatment, though, police officials were not aware of the extent of injuries.

No other injuries were reported.

Information provided in this report has been obtained from area authorities, including but not limited to local police, fire and emergency dispatch officials. Information is sourced only from official sources of public information unless otherwise stated. Subjects listed who have been charged or cited for crimes have not been proven guilty in court and all acts are alleged.