Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Our sister station WLBK is reporting that a Sycamore teacher’s avatar is causing controversy.
The cartoon avatar being used during remote learning was wearing a Black Lives Matter shirt and was posted to Facebook, prompting comments from parents. Avatars are a virtual representation of a person.
Many of the comments on the Facebook post showing the teacher’s avatar were from parents who objected to what they felt was politics being brought into education. The post has since been deleted.
Superintendent Steve Wilder says the district is aware of the situation. Wilder says the district respects and recognizes that there are a variety of perspectives on issues like this. The district is looking into the situation.
- Area Police Reports for Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Annual Sheridan Fall Festival Saturday
- Sheridan Man Killed on Route 71 in Accident Involving Deer
- Two New Businesses Coming to Oswego
- Naperville Man Charged with Attempted Child Abduction
- Trees Cut Near Bridge Explained
- Sandwich Mayor Rich Robinson Makes Last Call As DeKalb Co. Sheriff's Deputy
- Kendall County On COVID-19 Warning List
- Area Police Reports for Friday, October 23, 2020
- Montgomery Village Board Enters Agreement for Construction of Second Sugar Dome