Flight Tasting Room & Bottle Shoppe in Yorkville, chose Open Door as its November charity of the month. Each time a patron gave a tip in November, those funds were collected to benefit Open Door clients: adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Dick Banning, Open Door President, recently accepted the donation from co-owners: Tony and Emily Weeks, and Melissa and Ryan Phillips. (Emily Weeks was unavailable for the picture.) Contributions like this, help to enrich the quality of life and expand experiences for Open Door clients. Contributions pay for fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy snacks, haircuts, and toiletries. Donations also fund services such as transportation to activities, and doctor’s appointments. Special Olympics, prom, and field trips, are all opportunities that clients enjoy, thanks to generous donors. Open Door services and programs benefit 125 individuals from Kendall, DeKalb and LaSalle counties. For more information about Open Door, visit: .
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Area Police Reports for Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Kendall County Board Hears Vaccine Update
- Illinois House Approves Rep Welter's 'Colton's Task Force' Legislation
- Sandwich Police Department Participating in National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- More National Guard Members Coming to Aurora Vaccine Site
- National Guard Activated in Chicago
- Public Hearing For New Budget in Oswego
- Some Snow Accumulation Expected Tuesday
- Area Police Reports for Monday, April 19, 2021
- Yorkville Alderman Proposes Rebates on Utility Bills with Budget Surplus Cash