Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
The Ottawa Fire Department confirmed that an exploding car caused the massive fire at Cimco Recycling just off Route 6 in Ottawa Wednesday morning. The car was being crushed at the time. No one was hurt.
The blaze created a huge plume of black smoke that was seen from miles around.
Fire crews were on-scene battling the fire for three to four hours, but had it out by the afternoon.
- Arrest Made After Plano Police Find Stolen Gun During Traffic Stop
- Oswego High School Student Wins 14th District Congressional Art Contest
- CASA Kendall 'Clubhouse' Project Could get Federal Funding
- More State Lawmakers React to LaSalle Veterans Home Report Findings
- Oswego Police Issue 102 Cell Phone Violations During April
- Rep. Keith Wheeler says Stop by Illinois House Speaker in North Aurora is a Gesture of Bipartisanship
- St. Charles Man Who Went Missing From Memory Care Facility Found
- Weeks Not Months Anticipated for Oswego Road Closure
- Kendall County Looking for New Animal Control Director Following Laura Pawson Resignation
- Area Police Reports for Tuesday, May 4, 2021