Sandi Frost is Superintendent of Junior Beef Cattle at the Sandwich Fair. This year, she wanted to do something special to honor the thirteen service members who died in a terrorist attack in Afghanistan last month. Frost found a way to do just that in a uniquely Sandwich Fair way.
Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
A display features American Flags and a sign that reads "In memory of the 13 heroes who died in Afghanistan and for the men and women who have fought and are fighting for our freedom. God Bless America"
The tribute has been up for the duration of the fair that began on Wednesday. Frost says people have been stopping by and taking photos.
The display can be found at the Beef Show Ring located on the west side of the fairgrounds in the livestock area.
- 'Taste of Sandwich' Happening This Wednesday; City Wants to Expand Event to Include Bands and Beer
- Area Police Reports for Monday, September 27, 2021
- Hastert Settlement Agreement Hearing Postponed Until Thursday
- Several Fire Departments Help with Field Fire Sunday Near Plano
- Judge Rejects COVID-19 Restraining Order
- Sandwich City Council Not Ready to Commit to Solar Array
- No Threat to Public After Multi-Agency Response in Batavia
- Autumn Bring Festivals to Area
- New President at Northwestern Hospitals in Sandwich and DeKalb
- Yorkville High School Student Charged with Criminal Damage to State Supported Property