Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Plano Police say that a Glendale Heights woman was killed and a Plano man is in critical condition, following a single-vehicle motorcycle crash on Saturday night.
Twenty-two-year-old Hayley West of Glendale Heights is the deceased.
Police were called around 6:43 p.m. to the 1200 block of Little Rock Road where the initial investigation showed that a motorcycle left the roadway and both occupants were ejected.
The driver, 38 year-old Kevin Pokosa of Plano, was treated at the scene by Little Rock-Fox paramedics and was then airlifted to Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove.
He is currently listed in critical condition. West, who was the passenger, was pronounced deceased on scene.
The Plano Police Department was assisted by the Kendall County Sheriff's Office and the Illinois State Police.
Pokosa has been cited in the crash for Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident, Improper Lane Usage and Operating an Uninsured Vehicle.
The crash remains under investigation.
Information provided in this report has been obtained from area authorities, including but not limited to local police, fire and emergency dispatch officials. Information is sourced only from official sources of public information unless otherwise stated. Subjects listed who have been charged or cited for crimes have not been proven guilty in court and all acts are alleged.
- Area Police Reports for Saturday, May 8, 2021
- More Charges in Ottawa Stabbing
- Electrical Issue Blamed for Montgomery Fire
- Aurora Man Accused of Hitting Someone with His Vehicle During Fight in Oswego
- One Person Injured After Driving into a Pond in Naperville
- Fifteen-Year-Old Boy Charged in Plano Stabbing
- New Art Medium Delivering Smiles in Oswego
- Area Police Reports for Friday, May 7, 2021
- CASA Kendall County Executive Director Thinks Community will Rally Around 'CASA Clubhouse'
- Biz News: All in 1 Roofing Oswego Holds Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting