Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Second Ward Alderman Kevin Kelleher has resigned from the Sandwich City Council. Sandwich Mayor Rich Robinson made the announcement at the Sandwich City Council meeting Monday. Kelleher was not at the meeting.
WSPY news reached out to Kelleher Monday night for comment. Mayor Robinson says with the April Consolidated Election so close, he won't fill the seat.
Kelleher withdrew from the Consolidated Election in January after his petitions were challenged for not having the circulator's signature and not being notarized. Kelleher blamed City Clerk Denise Ii for the mix-up at a January Electoral hearing.
Kelleher was elected to the city council in 2017 by just 16 votes.
Rebecca Johnson is the only candidate running for the Second Ward Alderman's seat in April's Election.
- Area Police Reports for Saturday, March 6, 2021
- Two Housing Developers, One Denied
- Public Invited to Hear Results of Metra Extension Study
- Yorkville Man Under Arrest For Allegedly Stealing Running Car
- Aurora Man Sentenced to Ten-Years for Sexual Assault
- Retired Kendall County Coroner Passes Away
- Kendall County Republican Party Chairman To Run Against Fellow Republican for Congress
- Oswego Fire Protection District Warning Against Scald Burns
- Sandwich City Council to Vote to Move Forward with Police Station Renovation
- Former Elwood Mayor Charged With Traveling To Meet Child For Sex Purposes in Grundy Co.