Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
AURORA, Ill., Nov. 23, 2021--A Newark woman is urgently seeking a kidney donor.
Rita Smith made the announcement at the Nov. 18 meeting of the Cosmopolitan Club of Aurora at Oak Street Restaurant in North Aurora. Smith is a past president of the Cosmos, an Aurora-based club that fights diabetes.
She distributed printed cards titled "Help!" The card says "Living kidney donor needed. If interested in helping, please contact Rita Smith, 815-695-5596 or 815-585-1526 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org."
According to Smith, diabetes led to her kidney problems. Before retiring, she worked in the Diabetes Wellness Center at Mercy Hospital in Aurora. She is willing to share her story.
- Sandwich Mayor Says Spoofing Email Issue is External
- Merry Little Sandwich Christmas Happening Downtown Saturday
- Naperville Man Charged in Crash that Killed Three
- Naperville Police Investigating Route 59 Crash
- Oswego Fire Protection District to Hold Informational Sessions
- Two Home Fires Put Out By Aurora Firefighters
- Plano City Council Looking to Approve Tax Levy
- City Of Sandwich Warns of 'Spoofing' Emails From City
- Limelight Threatre Company to Perform Holiday Classic as Radio Play
- Arrest Made in Crash that Killed Somonauk Man